Uninstall Plasma Application in Mac OS X Plasma removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Plasma apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Plasma completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Plasma application?
Uninstalling Plasma in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Plasma you simply need to drag & drop the Plasma application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Plasma from your machine.
Plasma Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Plasma application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Plasma supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Plasma Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Plasma is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Plasma has saved the files. Some of the location where Plasma would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Plasma completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Plasma Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Plasma & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Plasma application process running then quit it, make sure that Plasma processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Plasma name.
- Searching "Plasma" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Plasma app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Plasma Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Plasma app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.