Uninstall MarsEdit Application in Mac OS X MarsEdit removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall MarsEdit apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall MarsEdit completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling MarsEdit application?
Uninstalling MarsEdit in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the MarsEdit you simply need to drag & drop the MarsEdit application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the MarsEdit from your machine.
MarsEdit Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of MarsEdit application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. MarsEdit supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the MarsEdit Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of MarsEdit is not that easy, you need to find all the location where MarsEdit has saved the files. Some of the location where MarsEdit would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall MarsEdit completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the MarsEdit Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall MarsEdit & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the MarsEdit application process running then quit it, make sure that MarsEdit processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the MarsEdit name.
- Searching "MarsEdit" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the MarsEdit app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning MarsEdit Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove MarsEdit app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.