Uninstall Skype Application in Mac OS X Skype removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Skype apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Skype completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Skype application?
Uninstalling Skype in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Skype you simply need to drag & drop the Skype application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Skype from your machine.
Skype Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Skype application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Skype supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Skype Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Skype is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Skype has saved the files. Some of the location where Skype would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Skype completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Skype Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Skype & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Skype application process running then quit it, make sure that Skype processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Skype name.
- Searching "Skype" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Skype app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Skype Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Skype app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.