Uninstall Minecraft Application in Mac OS X Minecraft removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Minecraft apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Minecraft completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Minecraft application?
Uninstalling Minecraft in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Minecraft you simply need to drag & drop the Minecraft application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Minecraft from your machine.
Minecraft Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Minecraft application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Minecraft supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Minecraft Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Minecraft is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Minecraft has saved the files. Some of the location where Minecraft would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Minecraft completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Minecraft Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Minecraft & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Minecraft application process running then quit it, make sure that Minecraft processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Minecraft name.
- Searching "Minecraft" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Minecraft app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Minecraft Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Minecraft app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.