Uninstall Adobe Flash Player Application in Mac OS X Adobe Flash Player removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Adobe Flash Player apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Adobe Flash Player completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Adobe Flash Player application?
Uninstalling Adobe Flash Player in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Adobe Flash Player you simply need to drag & drop the Adobe Flash Player application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Adobe Flash Player from your machine.
Adobe Flash Player Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Adobe Flash Player application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Adobe Flash Player supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Adobe Flash Player Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Adobe Flash Player is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Adobe Flash Player has saved the files. Some of the location where Adobe Flash Player would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Adobe Flash Player completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Adobe Flash Player Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Adobe Flash Player & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Adobe Flash Player application process running then quit it, make sure that Adobe Flash Player processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Adobe Flash Player name.
- Searching "Adobe Flash Player" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Adobe Flash Player app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Adobe Flash Player Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Adobe Flash Player app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.