Uninstall VMware Fusion Application in Mac OS X VMware Fusion removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall VMware Fusion apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall VMware Fusion completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling VMware Fusion application?
Uninstalling VMware Fusion in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the VMware Fusion you simply need to drag & drop the VMware Fusion application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the VMware Fusion from your machine.
VMware Fusion Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of VMware Fusion application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. VMware Fusion supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the VMware Fusion Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of VMware Fusion is not that easy, you need to find all the location where VMware Fusion has saved the files. Some of the location where VMware Fusion would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall VMware Fusion completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the VMware Fusion Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall VMware Fusion & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the VMware Fusion application process running then quit it, make sure that VMware Fusion processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the VMware Fusion name.
- Searching "VMware Fusion" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the VMware Fusion app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning VMware Fusion Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove VMware Fusion app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.