Uninstall MacFort Application in Mac OS X MacFort removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall MacFort apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall MacFort completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling MacFort application?
Uninstalling MacFort in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the MacFort you simply need to drag & drop the MacFort application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the MacFort from your machine.
MacFort Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of MacFort application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. MacFort supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the MacFort Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of MacFort is not that easy, you need to find all the location where MacFort has saved the files. Some of the location where MacFort would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall MacFort completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the MacFort Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall MacFort & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the MacFort application process running then quit it, make sure that MacFort processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the MacFort name.
- Searching "MacFort" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the MacFort app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning MacFort Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove MacFort app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.