Uninstall xList Application in Mac OS X xList removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall xList apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall xList completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling xList application?
Uninstalling xList in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the xList you simply need to drag & drop the xList application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the xList from your machine.
xList Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of xList application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. xList supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the xList Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of xList is not that easy, you need to find all the location where xList has saved the files. Some of the location where xList would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall xList completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the xList Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall xList & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the xList application process running then quit it, make sure that xList processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the xList name.
- Searching "xList" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the xList app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning xList Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove xList app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.