Uninstall TextWrangler Application in Mac OS X TextWrangler removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall TextWrangler apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall TextWrangler completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling TextWrangler application?
Uninstalling TextWrangler in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the TextWrangler you simply need to drag & drop the TextWrangler application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the TextWrangler from your machine.
TextWrangler Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of TextWrangler application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. TextWrangler supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the TextWrangler Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of TextWrangler is not that easy, you need to find all the location where TextWrangler has saved the files. Some of the location where TextWrangler would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall TextWrangler completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the TextWrangler Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall TextWrangler & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the TextWrangler application process running then quit it, make sure that TextWrangler processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the TextWrangler name.
- Searching "TextWrangler" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the TextWrangler app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning TextWrangler Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove TextWrangler app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.