Uninstall BBEdit Application in Mac OS X BBEdit removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall BBEdit apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall BBEdit completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling BBEdit application?
Uninstalling BBEdit in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the BBEdit you simply need to drag & drop the BBEdit application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the BBEdit from your machine.
BBEdit Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of BBEdit application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. BBEdit supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the BBEdit Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of BBEdit is not that easy, you need to find all the location where BBEdit has saved the files. Some of the location where BBEdit would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall BBEdit completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the BBEdit Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall BBEdit & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the BBEdit application process running then quit it, make sure that BBEdit processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the BBEdit name.
- Searching "BBEdit" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the BBEdit app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning BBEdit Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove BBEdit app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.