Uninstall Bookends Application in Mac OS X Bookends removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Bookends apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Bookends completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Bookends application?
Uninstalling Bookends in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Bookends you simply need to drag & drop the Bookends application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Bookends from your machine.
Bookends Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Bookends application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Bookends supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Bookends Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Bookends is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Bookends has saved the files. Some of the location where Bookends would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Bookends completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Bookends Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Bookends & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Bookends application process running then quit it, make sure that Bookends processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Bookends name.
- Searching "Bookends" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Bookends app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Bookends Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Bookends app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.