Uninstall MultiBit Application in Mac OS X MultiBit removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall MultiBit apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall MultiBit completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling MultiBit application?
Uninstalling MultiBit in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the MultiBit you simply need to drag & drop the MultiBit application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the MultiBit from your machine.
MultiBit Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of MultiBit application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. MultiBit supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the MultiBit Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of MultiBit is not that easy, you need to find all the location where MultiBit has saved the files. Some of the location where MultiBit would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall MultiBit completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the MultiBit Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall MultiBit & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the MultiBit application process running then quit it, make sure that MultiBit processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the MultiBit name.
- Searching "MultiBit" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the MultiBit app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning MultiBit Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove MultiBit app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.