Uninstall Mailsmith Application in Mac OS X Mailsmith removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Mailsmith apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Mailsmith completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Mailsmith application?
Uninstalling Mailsmith in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Mailsmith you simply need to drag & drop the Mailsmith application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Mailsmith from your machine.
Mailsmith Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Mailsmith application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Mailsmith supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Mailsmith Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Mailsmith is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Mailsmith has saved the files. Some of the location where Mailsmith would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Mailsmith completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Mailsmith Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Mailsmith & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Mailsmith application process running then quit it, make sure that Mailsmith processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Mailsmith name.
- Searching "Mailsmith" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Mailsmith app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Mailsmith Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Mailsmith app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.