Uninstall Splunk Application in Mac OS X Splunk removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Splunk apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Splunk completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Splunk application?
Uninstalling Splunk in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Splunk you simply need to drag & drop the Splunk application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Splunk from your machine.
Splunk Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Splunk application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Splunk supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Splunk Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Splunk is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Splunk has saved the files. Some of the location where Splunk would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Splunk completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Splunk Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Splunk & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Splunk application process running then quit it, make sure that Splunk processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Splunk name.
- Searching "Splunk" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Splunk app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Splunk Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Splunk app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.