Uninstall Viscosity Application in Mac OS X Viscosity removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Viscosity apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Viscosity completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Viscosity application?
Uninstalling Viscosity in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Viscosity you simply need to drag & drop the Viscosity application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Viscosity from your machine.
Viscosity Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Viscosity application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Viscosity supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Viscosity Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Viscosity is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Viscosity has saved the files. Some of the location where Viscosity would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Viscosity completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Viscosity Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Viscosity & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Viscosity application process running then quit it, make sure that Viscosity processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Viscosity name.
- Searching "Viscosity" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Viscosity app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Viscosity Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Viscosity app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.