Uninstall Arq Application in Mac OS X Arq removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Arq apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Arq completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Arq application?
Uninstalling Arq in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Arq you simply need to drag & drop the Arq application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Arq from your machine.
Arq Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Arq application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Arq supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Arq Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Arq is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Arq has saved the files. Some of the location where Arq would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Arq completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Arq Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Arq & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Arq application process running then quit it, make sure that Arq processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Arq name.
- Searching "Arq" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Arq app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Arq Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Arq app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.