Uninstall Cornerstone Application in Mac OS X Cornerstone removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Cornerstone apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Cornerstone completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Cornerstone application?
Uninstalling Cornerstone in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Cornerstone you simply need to drag & drop the Cornerstone application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Cornerstone from your machine.
Cornerstone Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Cornerstone application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Cornerstone supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Cornerstone Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Cornerstone is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Cornerstone has saved the files. Some of the location where Cornerstone would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Cornerstone completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Cornerstone Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Cornerstone & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Cornerstone application process running then quit it, make sure that Cornerstone processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Cornerstone name.
- Searching "Cornerstone" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Cornerstone app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Cornerstone Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Cornerstone app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.