Uninstall LastPass Application in Mac OS X LastPass removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall LastPass apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall LastPass completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling LastPass application?
Uninstalling LastPass in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the LastPass you simply need to drag & drop the LastPass application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the LastPass from your machine.
LastPass Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of LastPass application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. LastPass supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the LastPass Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of LastPass is not that easy, you need to find all the location where LastPass has saved the files. Some of the location where LastPass would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall LastPass completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the LastPass Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall LastPass & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the LastPass application process running then quit it, make sure that LastPass processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the LastPass name.
- Searching "LastPass" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the LastPass app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning LastPass Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove LastPass app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.