Uninstall Flashlight Application in Mac OS X Flashlight removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Flashlight apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Flashlight completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Flashlight application?
Uninstalling Flashlight in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Flashlight you simply need to drag & drop the Flashlight application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Flashlight from your machine.
Flashlight Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Flashlight application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Flashlight supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Flashlight Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Flashlight is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Flashlight has saved the files. Some of the location where Flashlight would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Flashlight completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Flashlight Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Flashlight & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Flashlight application process running then quit it, make sure that Flashlight processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Flashlight name.
- Searching "Flashlight" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Flashlight app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Flashlight Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Flashlight app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.