Uninstall Camtasia Application in Mac OS X Camtasia removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Camtasia apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Camtasia completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Camtasia application?
Uninstalling Camtasia in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Camtasia you simply need to drag & drop the Camtasia application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Camtasia from your machine.
Camtasia Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Camtasia application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Camtasia supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Camtasia Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Camtasia is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Camtasia has saved the files. Some of the location where Camtasia would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Camtasia completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Camtasia Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Camtasia & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Camtasia application process running then quit it, make sure that Camtasia processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Camtasia name.
- Searching "Camtasia" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Camtasia app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Camtasia Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Camtasia app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.