Uninstall PostView Application in Mac OS X PostView removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall PostView apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall PostView completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling PostView application?
Uninstalling PostView in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the PostView you simply need to drag & drop the PostView application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the PostView from your machine.
PostView Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of PostView application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. PostView supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the PostView Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of PostView is not that easy, you need to find all the location where PostView has saved the files. Some of the location where PostView would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall PostView completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the PostView Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall PostView & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the PostView application process running then quit it, make sure that PostView processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the PostView name.
- Searching "PostView" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the PostView app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning PostView Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove PostView app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.