Uninstall Microsoft OneNote Application in Mac OS X Microsoft OneNote removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Microsoft OneNote apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Microsoft OneNote completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Microsoft OneNote application?
Uninstalling Microsoft OneNote in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Microsoft OneNote you simply need to drag & drop the Microsoft OneNote application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Microsoft OneNote from your machine.
Microsoft OneNote Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Microsoft OneNote application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Microsoft OneNote supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Microsoft OneNote Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Microsoft OneNote is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Microsoft OneNote has saved the files. Some of the location where Microsoft OneNote would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Microsoft OneNote completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Microsoft OneNote Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Microsoft OneNote & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Microsoft OneNote application process running then quit it, make sure that Microsoft OneNote processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Microsoft OneNote name.
- Searching "Microsoft OneNote" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Microsoft OneNote app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Microsoft OneNote Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Microsoft OneNote app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.