Uninstall Lime Application in Mac OS X Lime removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Lime apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Lime completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Lime application?
Uninstalling Lime in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Lime you simply need to drag & drop the Lime application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Lime from your machine.
Lime Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Lime application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Lime supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Lime Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Lime is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Lime has saved the files. Some of the location where Lime would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Lime completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Lime Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Lime & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Lime application process running then quit it, make sure that Lime processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Lime name.
- Searching "Lime" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Lime app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Lime Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Lime app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.