Uninstall PhoneView Application in Mac OS X PhoneView removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall PhoneView apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall PhoneView completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling PhoneView application?
Uninstalling PhoneView in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the PhoneView you simply need to drag & drop the PhoneView application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the PhoneView from your machine.
PhoneView Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of PhoneView application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. PhoneView supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the PhoneView Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of PhoneView is not that easy, you need to find all the location where PhoneView has saved the files. Some of the location where PhoneView would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall PhoneView completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the PhoneView Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall PhoneView & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the PhoneView application process running then quit it, make sure that PhoneView processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the PhoneView name.
- Searching "PhoneView" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the PhoneView app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning PhoneView Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove PhoneView app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.