Uninstall Waves Application in Mac OS X Waves removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Waves apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Waves completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Waves application?
Uninstalling Waves in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Waves you simply need to drag & drop the Waves application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Waves from your machine.
Waves Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Waves application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Waves supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Waves Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Waves is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Waves has saved the files. Some of the location where Waves would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Waves completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Waves Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Waves & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Waves application process running then quit it, make sure that Waves processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Waves name.
- Searching "Waves" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Waves app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Waves Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Waves app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.