Uninstall Leap Application in Mac OS X Leap removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Leap apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Leap completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Leap application?
Uninstalling Leap in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Leap you simply need to drag & drop the Leap application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Leap from your machine.
Leap Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Leap application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Leap supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Leap Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Leap is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Leap has saved the files. Some of the location where Leap would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Leap completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Leap Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Leap & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Leap application process running then quit it, make sure that Leap processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Leap name.
- Searching "Leap" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Leap app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Leap Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Leap app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.