Uninstall Rest Application in Mac OS X Rest removal steps from Mac OS X
Want to uninstall Rest apps? Not able to find a way to uninstall Rest completely from your Mac Machine? Is your Mac machine giving error after manually uninstalling Rest application?
Uninstalling Rest in mac is just a different approach than in Windows OS. Windows OS provides a option to uninstall application or application manufactures provides uninstaller with the application. But in Mac OS X there is nothing like uninstall utility. To uninstall the Rest you simply need to drag & drop the Rest application bundles to trash, that's it. STOP this is not the end there is more to properly uninstalling the Rest from your machine.
Rest Bundles The Application Bundle
Drag & Drop leaves the associated files of Rest application. Normally, it is thought that all the associated files of a application is saved in the one folder but it is not so. Rest supported files & preference files are saved in other location than the Rest Package folder. So you need to get all these files deleted manually. Deleting all the left overs of Rest is not that easy, you need to find all the location where Rest has saved the files. Some of the location where Rest would have saved the files are ~/Library/Preferences/ ~/Library/Application Support/Recommendation You should always use the Award winning tool to Uninstall Rest completely from your Mac machine.
Using Finder the remove the Rest Application Bundles & Additional Files
To Manually uninstall Rest & all associated files
- Start the Activity monitor to look for the processes running, if you find the Rest application process running then quit it, make sure that Rest processes is not running.
- Start finder to look for the Rest name.
- Searching "Rest" vs "Contents"
- Delete all files and folders related to the Rest app.
- A reboot might be necessary to completely remove some apps.
See how Award Winning Rest Utility helps you to completely uninstall the application.
Follow these steps to remove Rest app from your Mac:
- Download a fully-functional trial version of MacKeeper.
- Open the Smart Uninstaller tool and select the application you wish to remove.
- Click Remove to completely uninstall the selected app.